Managing Partner - Ulan Tilenbaev
“true, natural-born lawyer," and praised for his scrupulous and thorough approach” according to Chambers Global 2015
"smart and competent lawyer" assisting overseas entities with various domestic law issues” according to Chambers Asia Pacific 2017
Kyrgyz, Russian, English, Turkish
Ulan Tilenbaev is managing partner. Ulan has extensive experience representing telecommunication and IT companies, finance and development institutions, companies in the mining and exploration industry, and manufacturers of fast-moving consumer goods, etc. He has been advising foreign and local clients on legal issues including mergers and acquisitions, corporate, business structuring, cross-border transactions, business licenses and permits, competition, technical regulations and others.
- advised USA, Europe, South-East Asia and Middle East-based multinational financial institutions and foreign development banks of China, Netherlands, Russia and Germany in connection with their short-term loan financing, long-term financing of infrastructure projects and equity investments into Kyrgyzstani banks, microfinance institutions and companies;
- advised a Finnish-German, Israeli-Norwegian, USA, Russia, China-based telecom infrastructure companies, vendors of telecom equipment and systems, providers of telecom and electronic solutions on entry into the Kyrgyzstani market and development of their operations;
- advised a Russian hydroelectricity company on start-up of a joint venture for building hydropower plants in Kyrgyzstan and development of operations of such joint venture;
- advised a United Kingdom-based company in connection with its acquisition of mineral rights to engage in gold mining activities in Kyrgyzstan and primary listing on the London Stock Exchange's Alternative Investment Market (AIM);
- advised a Russian integrated oil company in connection with setting up a jet fuel operator joint venture and acquiring a petrol station operator and a petroleum storage reservoir in Kyrgyzstan;
- advised a Chinese company in connection with its acquisition of oil production rights in Kyrgyzstan and primary listing on the Australian Stock Exchange.
Recognized as a leading lawyer by the Legal 500 Europe, Middle East and Africa 2016
Recommended by Chambers Global as a key expert in the areas of M&A, structured finance and telecommunications.
Recognized in Banking & Finance, Construction & Real Estate Sections of Who'sWhoLegal CIS.
Kalikova & Associates (since 2003).
Jurisprudence (B.A.), American University of Central Asia (2003).
Association of Lawyers of Kyrgyzstan;
Association of Patent Attorneys of Kyrgyzstan;
International Bar Association.
Ulan Tilenbaev often makes presentations to foreign business audiences about promotion and protection of investments and regulatory policy in the Kyrgyz Republic;
Information and reference guide Business in the Kyrgyz Republic: Legal Aspects, Editor-in-Chief, published annually since 2007.