Partner - Nurbek Sabirov
Kyrgyz, Russian, English
Nurbek Sabirov is a Partner and the leader of the firm's Litigation & Arbitration Practice Group. He has significant experience in commercial and civil litigation cases. He has served in more than 15 cases as a sole arbitrator appointed by the International Court of Arbitration under the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Kyrgyz Republic, as a member of tribunal considered a case in accordance with UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules, as a member of tribunal of international commercial arbitration considered a case in accordance with ICC Arbitration Rules and foreign applicable law.
- advised and represented a gold mining company in Kyrgyz courts on mining and licensing issues of the largest gold deposit in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- advised and represented a major European bank in connection with a bankruptcy case in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- advised and participated in international arbitration proceeding as a counsel on Kyrgyz law and as a counsel of the party of the international arbitration proceeding;
-initiated and participated in a constitutional proceeding to challenge the rules of civil procedure legislation for compliance with the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- advised a Kazakh group of industrial companies in connection with the privatization of assets generating, transmitting and distributing electricity and heat;
- advised a major oil and gas exploration and production company and the largest gas producer in Australia in connection with the acquisition of shares in two joint ventures engaged in oil and gas exploration in the Kyrgyz Republic.
Recognized as one of the leading lawyers by Who’sWhoLegal CIS 2010.
Kalikova & Associates Law Firm (since 2007);
Lawyer, South Petroleum Company CJSC (2007);
Leading Attorney, Partner Law Firm (2005-2007);
Lawyer, USAID/ARD/Checchi Commercial Law Development Project for the Republics of Central Asia (2004-2005);
Lawyer, USAID/Helvetas Legal Assistance to Rural Citizens Project (2003-2004).
Diploma of Higher Education with Distinction, Faculty of Law, Kyrgyz National University (2003);
B.A. in Law, Diploma with Distinction, Kyrgyz National University (2002).
Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb);
Arbitrator of the International Court of Arbitration under the Chamber of Industry and Commerce of the Kyrgyz Republic;
Arbitrator of the International Court of Arbitration under the Chamber of Industry and Commerce of the Republic Kazakhstan;
Arbitrator of Riga International Commercial Arbitration Court;
Arbitrator of the Georgian International Arbitration Centre;
Member of the Kyrgyz Union of Attorneys;
Licensed to practice in all courts of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Lectures on legal regulation of commercial activity in the Kyrgyz Republic to various business audiences in the Kyrgyz Republic and abroad.
Arbitration case review: Petrobart limited vs Kyrgyz Republic, co-authored with Ermek Mamaev, Kurmanjan Dastanbek kyzy (in Russian), Bishkek, April 2016.
Global Legal Insights International Arbitration, Chapter on Kyrgyzstan. This article appeared in the 1st edition of Global Legal Insights International Arbitration; published by Global Legal Group Ltd, London.
“Right to remedy as a tool to seek revision of the Investment agreement”, Third Court, № 1 (91) 2014, St. Petersburg, Russia
“How to fight corruption ….” (in russian)
“Your company has been sued”, Business News, Issue 2(66), 2009 (in russian);
“Analysis of Judicial Practice of Reviewing Disputes Arising out of Inspections Conducted by State Controlling Authorities”, Law and Business, Issue 2 (Bishkek, 2006);
“Whether Article 396 of the Civil Procedure Code of the Kyrgyz Republic Complies with the Kyrgyz Constitution”, Law and Business (Bishkek, 2006);