Arbitration as the Method of Settlement of Investment Disputes against the Kyrgyz Republic
AKIpress Analytics section, March 19, 2013

The Kyrgyz Republic has already participated in several arbitration proceedings. Therefore, it might be reasonable to analyze peculiarities of legal regulation of arbitration in the KR, the causes and consequences of arbitration disputes and make relevant conclusions…

What risks foreign investors should take into account while investing into the Kyrgyz mining sector,
The Times of Central Asia, March 1, 2012.

Overview of Anti-Corruption Laws in Kyrgyz Republic,
Comparative Summary of Anti-Corruption Laws in the CIS Economic Region, 2011,
The CIS Leading Council Network.

What a foreigner should know about tax regime in the Kyrgyz Republic?
The Times of Central Asia, publication expected.

Kyrgyzstan is not an offshore zone and does not provide tax exemptions, but the rates of many of them are not very high.

2. What are some of the main differences between a construction license and a building permit and who is responsible for issuing them?

Construction licenses are issued by the State Agency for Architecture, Construction and Housing and Public Utility Sector under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic (the “Licensing Authority”). Construction licenses are issued to contractors to ensure that they meet all regulatory and safety requirements.

Kyrgyz law mandates that foreign legal entities be given the same treatment as local legal entities with regards to the issuing of licenses. In practice however, foreign legal entities are not usually issued construction licenses unless they have established locally registered subsidiaries to act as the holder of the construction license and other required permits.

The construction license has no territorial limitations and is valid for use nationally. It is issued indefinitely and does not have an expiration date.

Building permits are issued by territorial architectural and construction supervisory body depending on the location of a building to be constructed. Building permits are only issued to the person or entity having legal ownership or usage rights to the land which will be used for the project.

The building permit is issued for the anticipated duration of construction and can be renewed if necessary.



Igemberdieva Street 1A, Bishkek
720020, Kyrgyz Republic

Tel: +996 312 66-60-60;
+996 312 66-63-63;
+996 312 97-68-43;
+996 772 66 60 60;


Fax: (+996 312) 66-27-88

        Location map

© 2006-2014. Kalikova & Associates. All rights reserved. Disclaimer